I’m Vanessa Vale, a USA Today Bestseller of erotic and contemporary romance. I live in the Wild Wild West with my husband and two sons. When I’m not making dinner with my pressure cooker, I’m writing.
Twenty-five things about Vanessa:
- I hate eggs. Eggs Benedict, poached, hard boiled, egg salad, deviled…whatever. Gag.
- I rode the overnight train from Moscow to St. Petersburg in the dead of winter. It is just as you imagine. Real sheets, overheated compartments, huge samovar, a babushka, snowy night.
- I have zero patience. Perhaps less than that. My middle schooler studied negative numbers in math so I know it’s possible to have -8 patience.
- I have very curly hair. Very. I wanted to have Princess Diana hair when I was little. Blond and straight. Several decades later, I have grown to embrace the curl.
- A cowboy is the stereotypical male that pushes every one of my hot buttons, especially at a rodeo.
- I am a third degree black belt in karate and am a blue belt in BJJ. Teaching is humbling. So is starting over.
- Favorite big city: London; Favorite island: Kauai; Favorite mountain range: Indian Peaks in Montana
- I graduated from art college with a degree in Graphic Design.
- I started writing on a dare. I mean, how hard can it be to write romance? Little did I know!
- I didn’t start writing until I was thirty.
- I lived in Montana for years. That’s why I write about it.
- I drink one cup of coffee in the morning that’s half chocolate milk.
- I love old Disney movies. Herbie, Escape to Witch Mountain, The Cat From Outer Space. Love them all.
- I do not watch TV. At all.
- I don’t like candy. Halloween candy is safe from me, but not pies, cakes, muffins, cupcakes, banana breads or other yummy desserts.
- I am a complete introvert. I am horrendously bad at introducing myself to new people and can’t stand big crowds or parties. If you want to get to know me, take me to a diner for some pie and one-on-one time.
- I love to cook with my pressure cooker (it’s the whole -8 patience thing). My favorite is macaroni and cheese.
- I can make maple syrup from scratch (tapping the tree and cooking it down).
- I am a merit badge counselor for over 10 badges for the Boy Scouts. Sculpture, scuba diving, family life, cooking and art are just a few.
- I am a complete control freak. Complete. Ask anyone who’s asked me to help with something.
- I am an East Coast driver, meaning I’m aggressive and will run you over, even when I don’t live on the East Coast.
- I know how many ounces are in a gallon.
- I do all my plotting in the bath tub.
- I talk fast. Really, really fast.
- I speak French…well enough to talk my way out of ticket in Paris. My French teachers would all be proud.