Vanessa Vale is the USA Today bestselling author of sexy romance novels, including her popular Bridgewater historical romance series and hot contemporary romances. With over one million books sold, Vanessa writes about unapologetic bad boys who don’t just fall in love, they fall hard. Her books are available worldwide in multiple languages in e-book, print, audio and even as an online game. When she’s not writing, Vanessa savors the insanity of raising two boys and figuring out how many meals she can make with a pressure cooker. While she’s not as skilled at social media as her kids, she loves to interact with readers.
Twenty-five things about Vanessa:
- I hate eggs. Eggs Benedict, poached, hard boiled, egg salad, deviled…whatever. Gag.
- I rode the overnight train from Moscow to St. Petersburg in the dead of winter. It is just as you imagine. Real sheets, overheated compartments, huge samovar, a babushka, snowy night.
- I have zero patience. Perhaps less than that. My middle schooler studied negative numbers in math so I know it’s possible to have -8 patience.
- I have very curly hair. Very. I wanted to have Princess Diana hair when I was little. Blonde and straight. Several decades later, I have grown to embrace the curl.
- A cowboy is the stereotypical male that pushes every one of my hot buttons, especially at a rodeo.
- I am a third degree black belt in karate and am a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Teaching is humbling. So is starting over.
- Favorite big city: London; Favorite island: Kauai; Favorite mountain range: Indian Peaks in Montana
- I graduated from art college with a degree in Graphic Design.
- I started writing on a dare. I mean, how hard can it be to write romance? Little did I know!
- I didn’t start writing until I was thirty.
- I lived in Montana for years. That’s why I write about it.
- I drink one cup of coffee in the morning that’s half chocolate milk.
- I love old Disney movies. Herbie, Escape to Witch Mountain, The Cat From Outer Space. Love them all.
- I don’t watch TV.
- I don’t like candy. Halloween candy is safe from me, but not pies, cakes, muffins, cupcakes, banana breads or other yummy desserts.
- I am a complete introvert. I am horrendously bad at introducing myself to new people and can’t stand big crowds or parties. If you want to get to know me, take me to a diner for some pie and one-on-one time.
- I love to cook with my pressure cooker (it’s the whole -8 patience thing). My favorite is macaroni and cheese.
- I can make maple syrup from scratch (tapping the tree and cooking it down).
- I am a merit badge counselor for over 10 badges for the Boy Scouts. Sculpture, scuba diving, family life, cooking and art are just a few.
- I am a complete control freak. Complete. Ask anyone who’s asked me to help with something.
- I am an East Coast driver, meaning I’m aggressive and will run you over, even when I don’t live on the East Coast.
- I know how many ounces are in a gallon.
- I do all my plotting in the bath tub.
- I talk fast. Really, really fast.
- I speak French…well enough to talk my way out of ticket in Paris. My French teachers would all be proud.